I decided that Katie was ready to be potty trained. We had been practicing weeks with no success of catching her at the right moment, but I was confident that I could do this. Not only was a sure that I could do this, I was going to do this in just a few days. Never mind that she is much younger then the boys where when I started with them. She was showing all the signs of being ready, so why not go for it, right?DAY 1
I came back from walking in the morning, took off her diaper and put her in panties. That was it. I asked her to tell me if she needed to go potty and I would take her every 30-45 minutes. I gave her some fun drinks (limeade & capri suns -- healthy, I know!) We had a couple of accidents, but not to many. It was very evident that she was holding it. I laid her down for her nap, in her panties, and when she got up I was waiting. I got her to the bathroom and she started to pee! SUCCESS!! But not really because it became clear that she was scared to pee in the potty! That had never occurred to me! She did try a couple more times time that day, but nothing really. It was clear that she was stressed out over this, but wanted to hang in there. We ended the day in a diaper for bed. I don't really believe in pushing night training. I'd rather let her relax. She was happy and I was satisfied with the days results.
DAY 2
She got up right as I was coming home and I could hear her asking to go to the potty. We tried, but nothing. She did wear panties for a couple of hours. I had her sitting on the potty when she started to get upset. I tried to get her back into her panties, but she was too frustrated. She took them and "hid" them from me! I took this for what is was and offered to put her in a diaper. (I will admit that I was disappointed that she was not wanting to potty train, but I'd rather her be happy and do this when she is ready.) She was much happier after that. Since she was happy and in a diaper I took advantage of it and we all got out of the house!!! It was really nice for me get out and I felt much better when we got home. After we had come home she asked to go to the potty. I checked her diaper and she was still dry!! So we went to try again and this time she went!! She was still a little scared, but not as much. After this we had lunch and went down for her nap in her panties. Once again she stayed dry! I was starting to feel like she was going to get this after all! She did have some accidents getting to the potty, but oh well! I will take it. Then finally it happened this afternoon... she peed without crying in fear!!!!! She gets it! She likes it!! Hooray!
DAY 2
She got up right as I was coming home and I could hear her asking to go to the potty. We tried, but nothing. She did wear panties for a couple of hours. I had her sitting on the potty when she started to get upset. I tried to get her back into her panties, but she was too frustrated. She took them and "hid" them from me! I took this for what is was and offered to put her in a diaper. (I will admit that I was disappointed that she was not wanting to potty train, but I'd rather her be happy and do this when she is ready.) She was much happier after that. Since she was happy and in a diaper I took advantage of it and we all got out of the house!!! It was really nice for me get out and I felt much better when we got home. After we had come home she asked to go to the potty. I checked her diaper and she was still dry!! So we went to try again and this time she went!! She was still a little scared, but not as much. After this we had lunch and went down for her nap in her panties. Once again she stayed dry! I was starting to feel like she was going to get this after all! She did have some accidents getting to the potty, but oh well! I will take it. Then finally it happened this afternoon... she peed without crying in fear!!!!! She gets it! She likes it!! Hooray!
Here's to day 3.
1 comment:
It really does seem likes shes ready don't give up!
Post a Comment