Thursday, August 20, 2009

the FIRST day of school

Today is the day. It finally came. The first day of school. Not that I didn't enjoy my kids being home for the summer, but it was getting harder and harder to entertain them and the fighting was getting bad. In short, they were bored.

Here they are all ready to head out the door for the bus. I have always taken them to their first day of school, but this year neither of them wanted me to take them. I was disappointed, but I guess that it is good that they are so independent.

Eric claimed that he was not excited to go to school. I don't really believe that, I am sure that a part of him is excited to go. He was very reluctant to get his picture taken though! Despite that isn't he a handsome kids? SO grown up! He started the 4th grade today. We met his teacher last week and she was very nice. She said that she is not that big on homework as long as the class work is finished. Eric always finishes his class work and so I am very excited to not have to much homework from him!

Josh was super excited to be in the 1st grade. He is just too cute! He was very anxious to get out the door and onto the bus. He was the one pushing to go by themselves. We met his teacher last week and she seems very nice and very patient. That is a good thing for Josh. They will get along well.

So it is just me and Katie chillin' at home, at least until next week. That is when we make a big change around here. More to come on that later.

No comments: