Saturday, August 9, 2008

Frustrating

I am up. I can' t sleep and I am frustrated by it. I have this awful heartburn. YUCK I haven't had heartburn like this since I was pregnant with Katie. And of course, since I am not pregnant, there are no tums in the house. I will have to remember to fix that on my next trip to Walmart.

I had the most frustrating day. Eric kept acting up. He was mean to his brother, me, and even his sister. He had the most nasty attitude to everyone. It made the whole day long and depressing. I am sure that he just needs some more sleep and more entertainment than I could provide him each day. I kept giving him chances to improve, but within an hour or two he would repeat his behavior. I love Eric so much, but it certainly hard to like someone who acts the way that he did. We did go to the school to find out who his teacher would be this year. He was placed with a new teacher who has had nothing but great things said about her. We also learned that he was placed in a class with his best friend and another good friend from Kindergarten and 1st grade. He was very excited about that while Brandon and I rolled our eyes. Let's hope that he can concentrate on learning with them in there.

I am definitely excited for school to start. I am positive that my boys attitude will improve with the constant stimulus that they provide. But I am also anxious to get into a routine. My work schedule has been very random over the past two weeks and because of the changes in Brandon's job we have had to have babysitters in the house for me to work. I am working for so much less and do so much more at work. The CSM quit at the end of July (7/25 to be exact) and since I have that background I have been filling in while they look for someone else. They did want me to resume that position (I was the CSM until 11/06 but stepped down because of a job that Brandon got) but I didn't want to. Brandon was interested in me taking up the job again if the pay would be right, but I knew that it never would be. Retail doesn't pay what you want! Although we can't complain about what I make as a CSS. I do quite well, but the bump in pay would have been for minuscule for what the job requires. I was happy that this was the out come of this event because I was very unhappy about the idea of working 45-60 hours a week again. I didn't want to be gone from the kids that much and deal with all of the stress that comes with that job, from both work and home. Even without resuming the title I have gotten a lot of phone calls at home about various work related stuff. One was even a cashier to call and complaint about something that another manager had done. Boy, was I bugged about that one! Like I could or would change it.

But when school starts I will be in a locked schedule and I am very excited about it. I am hoping that a routine will help me get out of the funk that I have been in the last few weeks. One reason why I am excited is because I will have some one-on-one time with Katie, be here after-school for the boys (this is a big one for Eric) and even have some time in the evening for myself to participate the activities that I love to do but have so little time. Oh, the possibilities!

On a less depressing note, We went to !Explora! today. It was free because a local radio station did their broadcast there. That post will come after I get new camera batteries. Josh is really excited about school starting. He has absolutely no concept of time even though I have tried to explain it to him (I have given up at this point). He thinks that he still has to wait weeks before he goes. He should have Miss Ellen who was wonderful with Eric. I am excited for J because I am wanting him to create an identity away from his brother. He needs his own thing and his own friends. And Katie is not my daughter, but my monkey. I had to take the table out of the office because she will climb up on the chairs and the the table its self. It make the babysitters really nervous. Okay, and me too. I am really thankful that our kitchen table is one of those really high bar-like sets and she can't climb that, yet. There is a lot of other things that she likes to climb that I can't spare and so I have to keep hawk like eyes on her. Isn't she to young to be climbing like this?

I suppose since the clock in the computer reads 2:23 I should make an attempt to sleep. I, unfortunately have to be at work at 8am. yuck.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I have lots of times that I can't sleep as well. We all have days like that so at least know that you are not alone! Yesterday, my Carly (almost 5 yrs) was what we call in our house a "whiny baby poopy pants" all day long. When Jeremy got home I told him I needed some time away from her. And Griffin (2) was being what we call a "buggy bug" which is when he just bugs Carly just to bug her. So we had to keep them separated the whole rest of the evening. What a pain!