Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Selt-Portrait Tuesday

This weeks challenge...


"we've all heard that *mom*-like expression: "i've got eyes in the back of my head" (usually delivered as some sort of warning.) do you ever wonder what you would see if you actually DID have eyes in the back of your head??

when you are cleaning the kitchen, or sitting on the playground, driving the carpool, browsing through target...what's going on behind you? something funny? colorful? disturbing? tempting?

this week, the challenge is to look past the "self" in the self-portrait, and focus on what's going on behind you. this is a great opportunity to practice using those eyes in the back of your head!"

I learned from this challenge that the "eyes" in the back of my head do not work as well as they should. Mostly I find the things that they have been doing after it was to late. I have to say, though, that I have great kids. They things that they did were not awful in any way, just kid stuff.

Eric is well know for the nasty look when I am not looking.


Joshua is still a master mess maker, and loves to invent things with my vacuum. I have caught him several times with it completely apart!


Katie will take any moment an adult is not looking to go for the stairs. She loves to climb them. Can you imagine why I don't like this?


Well, this is my house (on a smaller scale) when my back is turned. I need to get better at using those eyes in the back of my head. Oh, and by the way, we do have a gate to stop Katie from going on the stair, but occasionally (mostly when my husband is home) it gets taken down.


3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love this spt!!! Those kids will go crazy if you don't keep an eye out...sometimes I wish I had a camera in every room of the house to spy with! My blog is private, but send me an email and I will share! courtneymilius@hotmail.com

Alisa said...

Oh my- The gate on the stairs- we have one too. Its a scary thing when it gets left open!

Unknown said...

we didn't have stairs when my son was a toddler, but we had a gate keeping him out of the kitchen. oh, the bruises i had on my shins from trying to hop over it all the time!