Although I have never mentioned it before, I feel that recent events warrant me to talk about the irony of certain events. For the last several months Brandon has been working two audits shifts at a local hotel. For those of you who are unfamiliar with hotels, this is the graveyard shift, starting at 11pm. So for two night a week it is me, the kids, and the dog in the house. And it is the only two nights a week ANYTHING will happen. For example, when Eric has the stomach flu and was up all night, Brandon was at work. When Josh was up all night with an ear infection, the same. And that is just a bit of it. So this last Friday night when Brandon was at work and of course I had a problem. Katie got me up at 1:30am and this is what I walked into...
This is my very wet kitchen, I am not sure if you can see the several inches of standing water on the floor, but believe me, it was there. And it was not only in my kitchen, but also in my living room. Because it is just our luck to NOT have the water confine itself into one room.
As you can see, we had a VERY large mess on our hands. It took several hours of a wet/dry shop vac to get it passable and the a few more hours of a Bissel carpet cleaner, a lot of fans, and a lot of time to get it dry. Today, Sunday, we are back into our living room. The carpet is mostly dry, with just one little spot that it damp. "What caused this mess?" you ask?This lovely dishwasher. The water hose had come off of it. I had turned it on before I went to bed around 11:30. So there were two hours of the water running everywhere before Katie got me up. Thank you Katie for sleeping so bad! If you had slept longer who knows what we might have had on our hands!
Here are a few more pictures of what happened that night! I am happy to report that the only apparent damage was to the back of a picture that I had yet to hang. Other than that everything was fine. I also wanted to share that Brandon did work again last night and all was well.

3 comments:
Wow-and I'm sorry!
Oh my gosh! What a mess. I'm so sorry : ( That must have been a lot of work to get that all up. Isn’t it so true that the hubby is never around when this kida stuff happens? Good thing it didn't damage more things.
Wow! I'm just glad it didn't do worse damage; it did enough in two hours! Yeah, isn't it funny how things happen when the guys are gone?
Post a Comment