...for Eric. I would have thought that at 10 years old we would not have any milestone to look forward to until he was 12 or maybe 16. But I was wrong. Tonight we had one... HIS FIRST PHONE CALL FROM A GIRL.He has talked about these two girls before. They are best friends, Megan and Maggie. Both girls are in his class at school and one is in his primary class. He gets a little embarrassed by the attention that they give him, but of course, deep down, he likes it!
So tonight the phone rang and it was for him. I was a little surprised that it was for him, but I let him have it without asking who is was because I thought it was his friend Sterling. (Give me a break, boys and girls sounds alike at this age) It was funny to listen to on my end. I think that they were really giggly and kept screaming at him. You know, 4th grade girl stuff. He kept asking them why they had called him, you know, practical 4th grade boy stuff. Funny stuff, hehehehe
But, on a serious note, girls calling my little baby? Aren't they to young for this? I know that he is the cutest boy in the entire 4th grade, but do they have to chase him, stalk him, and call him? I don't know if I am ready for what this new stage could bring, but at the same time it is kinda fun to tease him about girls. Gently and lovingly, of course!
1 comment:
Ahhh! I am with you. Exciting and scary at the same time. My son has a crush and it is cute, but ALREADY??? Luckily he doesn't have any girls calling him...YET! But once he does, I know who to call and talk to about it...wink!
Post a Comment