
I love to watch my daughter sleep. Especially at night when the house is quite and I can stand there in the dark, watching. Often I am losing sleep of my own, but she is beautiful to watch. Her favorite position is with her arms above her head, hands in tiny fists, legs out, peaceful. I can't help but touch her face. I tell myself that I am making sure that she is warm, but the truth is, I miss her. She is a miracle to me. My boys are miracles too, as all children are, but her miracle is different. As I watch her sleep I am awed by the love that is given to me by my Heavenly Father, that he blessed me with her, my Katelyn. She is a perfect example of His love for my family. Often I move my way into my boys room. Their sleep is different, but just as peaceful; innocent. Eric is often hidden beneath the blankets, while Joshua prefers the edge of the bed and is easy to access for a kiss. My husband too --as my wanderings are often after he is asleep -- his sleep emits peace. And so, for a few short hours each night my house is peaceful and I can fully appreciate the love that is here and the miracles that have occurred in my life. During this time I can forget the struggles of the day and remember the fun parts, the joy, and my purpose in raising them. I am grateful for the miracle of my daughter, who helps me to remember the many other miracles in my life, Brandon, Eric, and Joshua. And so I am happy to lose sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment